- No hope for the future if things remain unchanged- Rev Father Kuebutornye
- Asunafo North IPDC lauds EU’s peace building support to Ghana
- REPORT SUSPICIOUS CHARACTERS TO THE GHANA POLICE SERVICE, OTHER SECURITY AGENCIES
- ROLL OUT OF IPDC MEETINGS ON NORPRESEC PROJECT IN BORDER COMMUNITIES
- NCCE HONOURS ATIWA EAST CIVIC QUIZ CHAMPIONS
The Functions of the NCCE are to:
- Create and sustain within the society the awareness of the principles and objectives of the 1992 fourth Republican Constitution as the fundamental law of the people of Ghana;
- Educate and encourage the public to defend the Constitution at all times, against all forms of abuse and violation;
- Formulate for the consideration of Government, from time to time, programmes at the national, regional and district levels aimed at realising the objectives of the 1992 fourth Republican Constitution;
- Formulate, implement and oversee programmes intended to inculcate in the citizens of Ghana awareness of their civic responsibilities and an appreciation of their rights and obligations as free people; and
- To assess for the information of Government, the limitations to the achievement of true democracy arising from the existing inequalities between different strata of the population and make recommendations for re-dressing these inequalities.
The Commission is made up of a Chairman, two Deputy Chairman and four Commission members. The seven Commission members constitute the governing body of the Commission. The Commission members are supported by five (5) Departmental Directors who have direct responsibility for the departments of the Commission, namely:
- Communications and Corporate Affairs
- Research (with Gender and Equality unit)
The Commission has sixteen (16) Regional Offices headed by Regional Directors who coordinate the Commission’s work in our Regional and 263 District offices across the country.