- Speech Delivered by Ms. Kathleen Addy, Chairperson of NCCE at PVCE stakeholder event.
- We need inclusive approach to counter threats of violent extremism - Security Analyst
- Tano North: Live in peace and harmony with one another – NCCE director to Islamic SHS Students
- NCCE leads clean up exercise in Bolgatanga Municipal
- Tano North NCCE educates nurses on their civic responsibilities
The Functions of the NCCE are to:
The functions of the NCCE are to:
- Create and sustain within the society the awareness of the principles and objectives of the 1992 fourth Republican Constitution as the fundamental law of the people of Ghana;
- Educate and encourage the public to defend the Constitution at all times, against all forms of abuse and violation;
- Formulate for the consideration of Government, from time to time, programmes at the national, regional, and district levels aimed at realising the objectives of the 1992 fourth Republican Constitution;
- Formulate, implement and oversee programmes intended to inculcate in the citizens of Ghana awareness of their civic responsibilities and an appreciation of their rights and obligations as free people; and
- To assess for the information of Government, the limitations to the achievement of true democracy arising from the existing inequalities between different strata of the population and make recommendations for re-dressing these inequalities.
The Commission is made up of a Chairman, two Deputy Chairmen and four Commission members. The seven Commission members constitute the governing body of the Commission. The governing board provides strategic leadership and policy direction for the Commission. The Commission members are supported by five (5) Departmental Directors who have direct responsibility for the departments of the Commission, namely:
- Communications and Corporate Affairs
- Research, Gender and Equality
The Commission has sixteen (16) Regional Offices headed by Regional Directors who coordinate the Commission’s work in 263 District offices across the country.